Monday, December 13, 2010

REVERB10 CHALLENGE: Hallelujah for both BEING (aspiring) and DOING (acting)!


The REVERB10 prompt, “ACTION—When it comes to aspirations, it’s not about ideas. It’s about making ideas happen. What’s your next step?”

In Artist Conference Network coaching, we begin and conclude our weekly coaching sessions with these two questions, “What action HAVE you TAKEN toward your goal this past week?” and “What action WILL you TAKE toward your goal in the coming week?” (Of course, there are about 8 other coaching questions between these ones present and future tense actions.) As artists who set quarterly goals, we have learned that we must clearly chunk out measurable “pieces of action” in order to achieve our HEART’s DESIRE or ASPIRATIONS.

Therefore, in response to the REVERB10 writing challenge for December 13, “What is my next step to make my ideas happen,” I completely SHUT DOWN unless I make my ideas manageable and concrete and then chunk my aspirations into baby bite-sized pieces.

For example, one of my quarterly goals for the past two sessions has been to write a weekly blog entry to Coffee With Hallelujah. Baby bite-sized pieces have become 1) Select the idea 2) Begin the first draft 3) Choose or make the artistic image 4) Make the second draft 5) Find links to support my ideas 6) Complete and scan the image/s 7) Post the blog.

For 2011, I am not sure what I ASPIRE to do. During this month of writing for REVERB10, I hope to call NEW DREAMS to my life for the upcoming year. I am confident that once I know my ASPIRATIONS, I will be able to tease out the “doable” steps of ACTION.

Hallelujah for both BEING (aspiring) and DOING (acting)! Fellow Pilgrims, SOUL BLOG with Hallelujah and share your 2011 ASPIRATIONS and your PLAN of ACTION! Hallelujah to you ALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment