Sunday, July 1, 2012

CREATIVE SOULS!!! FLAME YOUR CREATIVE SPARK AND REVITALIZE YOUR COMMUNITIES

MYRTLE THE TURTLE AT SAN SALVADOR, BAHAMAS. This image of Myrtle the sea turtle, was one of the first images I drew during my 15 minutes of creativity every day. The process of discovering how to illustrate Ron Shaklee's children story, "The Misadventures of Maria the Hutia," was an adventure into myself. I learned to listen to myself each morning and experimented with ideas that I wanted to see manifested. As it turned out, this image is not a part of the completed book. Myrtle and the rest of the characters in "The Misadventures of Maria the Hutia" do not go to San Salvador. (Art by Hallelujah Truth, aka Ruth Schowalter)


Hallelujah for CREATIVE SOULS seeking the realm of their individual creativity! PILGRIMS--everyone of one of us is CREATIVE. We have powerful IMAGINATION that celebrates and rewards us and our entire community when we ACTUALIZE it! Hallelujah!

If you haven’t read The Dolphin: Story of a Dreamer by Sergio Bambaren, you might take a look at how Daniel the dolphin’s love of surfing and pursuit to find the “perfect” wave revitalizes his pod of dolphins. Their routine and fear of leaving their cove, restricts every dolphin, including Daniel, until he embraces and honors his need to JOURNEY away from his pod and cove. After a turbulent and exciting ADVENTURE and discovery of the “perfect” wave, he returns home and impacts his fellow dolphins positively. If Daniel has left the physical and cultural boundaries of their pod, and in doing so become more alive, so can they! PILGRIMS, our communities grow stale if individuals do not SEEK the fulfillment of their dreams and EXPRESS what is UNIQUELY theirs!

I implore all of us to PRACTICE CREATIVITY every day! I am passionate about my CREATIVITY and the potentiality of others’! I believe that when we are all accessing the MAGIC within ourselves, that our neighborhoods, schools, and political arenas are awakened and electrified (Thank you Daniel Dolphin)!

This past week, I was talking with a CREATIVE SOUL who reminded me of an unplanted seed ready to be sowed, a Daniel dolphin waiting to go in search of the “perfect” wave. I have talked with her in the past, here and there in our walking community of Decatur, Georgia. My Chiboogamoo and I run into her and her Chiboogamoo at the Gazebo next to the Decatur courthouse, at the little French restaurant, and near the Brick Store Pub, etc…. This time it was at a celebration of Decatur authors, a pre-event to the Decatur Book Festival. Like a moth, I am always drawn to her CREATIVE FLAME.

Yet, this CREATIVE FLAME seems to be the pilot light and not the ignited flame or the seed and not the plant, the dolphin waiting to go in search of her dream! PILGRIMS, I become evangelical at this point and repeat one of Goethe’s couplets:

Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it.
Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it.

THE BLACK MADONNA OF HALLELUJAH TRUTH. This image of the Black Madonna was painted in my old style,  pre-drawing every day. Instead, I held an image in my heart and mind's eye and began painting it by standing in front of the "canvas"--in this case, a piece of plywood, and using my fingers to outline the image and establish the base of the composition. Once that was done, I completed the image with a paintbrush. This image of Black Madonna brings together several themes for me: 1) Medusa (symbol of fertile transformation. 2) Black Madonna (symbol of the Great Mother. 3) Bird tracks (introduction of Chiboogamoo in my life and his ichnological interests. 4) Sun and Moon (symbol of balance between all things). Although I was in touch with my creativity in 2001, I lacked consistency of production and clarity of intent and execution. (Art by Hallelujah Truth 2001)

So dear friend (you know who you are), I encourage you to listen to your HEART and to respond to its needs. What action do you need to take today to move closer to your SOUL’s DREAMS? Here is a quotation from W.H. Murray (from The Scottish Himalayan Expedition) that we read to one another at every Artist Conference Network meeting:

Until one is committed there is hesitancy, the chance to draw back, always ineffectiveness. Concerning all acts of initiative (and creation), there is one elementary truth, the ignorance of which kills countless ideas and splendid plans:

That the moment one definitely commits oneself, then Providence moves too. All sorts of things occur to help one that would never otherwise have occurred. A whole stream of events issues from the decision, raising in one’s favor all manner of unforeseen incidents and meetings and material assistance, which no man [woman] could have dreamt would have come his [her] way.

My blog, Coffee with Hallelujah, is about this commitment to my CREATIVITY. I know that if I ask myself to CREATE 15 minutes a day, that I engage the assistance of  “Providence.” Daniel dolphin also was assisted by the Greater Power in his sea adventure to find the perfect. You will discover this MAGIC too dear fellow SOJOURNERS!

SOUL BLOG with me at Coffee with Hallelujah and tell me your dreams. What is the “perfect” wave you are seeking? Join me in my CREATIVE PASSION and enrich those around you. We all need you to be YOU!

DEDICATION: This blog entry is dedicated to the unlit SOULS waiting to BURST into passionate FLAME


REVISITING the beginning! Here is a link to my very first blog and the reason why I started my daily Coffee with Hallelujah!


At the Center of the Star

No comments:

Post a Comment