Tuesday, October 23, 2012

BLOGTOBERFEST12 (DAY #23): THE ROLE OF BLOGGING AND THE GIFTS IT BRINGS TO MY HALLELUJAH LIFE!


BLOGGING DAILY TO CULTIVATE CREATIVITY. My blog, Coffee with Hallelujah, has developed my VOICE and expanded my way of BEING in the world. (Art by Hallelujah Truth)


Hallelujah for BLOGTOBERFEST12 being hosted by Kat on her blog, "I Saw You Dancing,” and the encouragement she provides for daily blogging. In keeping with the idea that frequent blogging is good, Kat invited blogger Car, who is quickly approaching her 1,000th blog post on Carrose Creations.
Here is a snippet of advice Car gave in the guest blog for Kat:

“I would suggest to anyone wanting to start and maintain a blog, to write about their passion. 

Write what interests you. If you and blogging are meant to be, it will become a part of your being and it won't be a chore. It will become something you WANT to do. Something you NEED to do. And the beauty of that is you will find the time to do it “
(To read Car’s complete guest blog, go here).

So here is Kat’s prompt for BLOGTOBERFEST Day #23:
Friends, as we embark on the home stretch and our last seven days of blogging together, you are invited to think about the role of blogging in your life, going forward. What are the gifts it brings? What are the things you find yourself drawn to say? How does it represent the parts of you that are truly you?

Okay! Let’s get started!

THE ROLE OF BLOGGING AND THE GIFT IT BRINGS TO MY HALLELUJAH LIFE!

Pilgrims! I BLOG TO BE! I began blogging in the fall of 2009 (see this blog post) when I gave birth to my persona, HALLELUJAH TRUTH, and blogging has enabled to BROADEN my experience of being ALIVE. 

One goal was to nurture my CREATIVITY every day, even when time is limited. I told myself if I have time for a cup of morning coffee, I have time for a cup of morning CREATIVITY! Thus, I named my blog, “Coffee With Hallelujah.” Everyone can have coffee with their Hallelujah since “hallelujah” here symbolizes that “essence” of self that is exuberant when acknowledged and praised. 

In addition to blogging to practice daily CREATIVITY, which I say can be done in 15 minutes—just like a prayer—I wanted to BLOG so I could HEAR my VOICE! I believe everyone, including me, has a unique VOICE, a perspective on LIFE and all of its interesting facets, and I wanted to become closely acquainted with MINE!

As I cultivated my CREATIVITY and LISTENED to my VOICE, I hoped that I would learn how to use this form of social media to connect with like-minded SOULS. I was curious if I could find a TRIBE of BLOGGING CREATIVES similar to myself.

There have been many POSITIVE OUTCOMES from my ongoing BLOGGING. Let me share the UNEXPECTED ones!

UNEXPECTED OUTCOME #1: I was asked to lead a blogging workshop for women at a weekend writer’s conference here in Atlanta (To learn more about this blogging workshop, go here.). 

UNEXPECTED OUTCOME #2: I am currently developing an eight-week blogging class for international students at the Georgia Tech Language Institute. 

UNEXPECTED OUTCOME #3: While I have been blogging frequently, and having coffee with Hallelujah daily, improvisation has become a key component in my way of BEING. Leaving perfection behind, I am inviting THAT which is me to be expressed—NOT GOOD and NOT BAD, JUST IS!

UNEXPECTED OUTCOME #4: I have just enrolled in a real and actual VOICE class of which I attended my first one last night. I am officially “tingling” with the new possibilities that exploring my “oral” VOICE can bring me! How will this aural experience enhance the verbal expression of my SOUL?
Dear PILIGRIMS, you get the idea! I could go on and on about the positive aspects of BLOGGING, but I will stop here. 

In summary, BLOGGING is a valuable life tool and can be sustained when you allow it to “GROW” you! That’s Coffee with Hallelujah! SOUL BLOG with me and tell me what you think about BLOGGING!

THE COURSE DESCRIPTION FOR MY VOICE LESSONS
VOCAL IMPROVISATION CLASS (low pressure, high pleasure)
with ELISE WITT
5-week session) October 22 to November 9
Monday Evenings
 6:45-8:00 pm

Don't be scared! This workshop is open to everyone, and is guaranteed to expand your confidence and your consciousness! Play with melody, rhythm, language, harmony, vocal production, and soul connection. Elise uses games and exercises from the work of her mentors: master vocalists Rhiannon, Dr.Ysaye Barnwell, Bobby McFerrin, Fred O., and David Darling, as well as explorations of our own invention. Revel in the rainbow of colors inherent in our voices and join with other daring singers to create vocal landscapes, soulful harmonies, and impromptu sonic masterpieces. Leave with a wealth of new inspiration to continue exploring the wild wide world of your own voice.

at Rising Phoenix T'ai Chi Studio
Little 5 Points Community Center, 1083 Austin Ave. NE, Atlanta GA 30307

No comments:

Post a Comment