Thursday, November 8, 2012

HURRAY FOR THE PEOPLE OF THE UNITED STATES: WE HAVE A LEADER WHO LOVES ALL OF US

HALLELUJAH TRUTH!

Hallelujah for the United States, the country of which I am a proud citizen! Hallelujah for Barack Obama, who has been re-elected for a second term as our US President! Hallelujah for all US citizens and people of the World!

I teach internationals because I love learning about other cultures of the world! And it has been through my work with people from more than 100 different countries over the last 20 years, that I have learned more about being a United Statesian (Yes, I know that is a made up word, but my international students from Central America and South America will tell you that they too are Americans!). 

After conducting numerous classroom discussions, grading 1,000's of essays, and negotiating meaning with my students aged from 17 to 65, I have learned many different perspectives of my own culture. I LOVE my country BEST when it EMBRACES everyone who lives here and around the world, acknowledging the needs and futures of us all. 

Let's BE GLOBAL and reach beyond our communities, cities, states, and nation! I feel JOY when I think of Barack Obama--he is the one to unite us all! Hallelujah!

1 comment: