Friday, April 12, 2013

FLIPPING THE SWITCH: FLOWING FROM ONE CREATIVE DOMAIN TO ANOTHER (The Life of an Educator and Artist)


FERTILITY. (art by Hallelujah Truth)
Greetings Pilgrims! I invite you to enter my inner discussion and the resulting images! Today, in this blog entry, I am speaking partially in the language of the Artist Conference Network (ACN)and posting the kinds of images that result from this kind of inventive internal dialogue.

I am the flowing center of the cycle of life and member of the dancing "yes" tribe. 

This is my "vision," a statement of who I am creatively, and it allows me to be a TRAVELER, a PILGRIM, a JOURNEYER! An artist, a blogger, an educator, a wife, and a cat mother! YES!

Today, like every day, I am circulating in the midst of creative possibilities! But each day is unique; therefore, this day, Friday, requires me to switch creative directions. YES!

As I relinquish the responsibility of planning a presentation on teaching blogging to internationals and return to my visual arts, I laugh, I hiccup, and I jump....YES!

I flip the verbal switch to the visual one. POP! SNAP! CRACKLE! It is done! Right now, I am the FLIP SWITCHER igniting flow of micron pen on paper establishing image. YES!

I welcome the familiar. I allow my hand to create or re-create what the current from my heart, brain, and soul dictate. YES!
DAY 1: RABBITS. Get ready, get set, go! When I set pen to paper after not drawing for several days, I didn't know what I would draw. Return to the familiar, I told myself. So I flipped the switch and without expectations began drawing the rabbit in the foreground. Okay! And the purple pen was out of ink, but I kept drawing with its scratchy faint impression. I followed up with a fresh black micron pen to develop the image. I completed this image in 15 minutes because that was all the time I had. Naming this image, "Fertility," I took it photoshop to give it some quick color. You can see those photoshopped images above above and immediately below. (artwork by Hallelujah Truth, aka Ruth Schowalter)


DAY 2: MORE RABBITS. Today (Friday, April 12, 2013), I followed with a clear intention established from the work I did on Thursday morning. I knew I wanted to draw more rabbits in swim suits! This image above resulted, and as you see, it isn't very different from yesterday's image. The question is this: AM I IN THE FLOW? YES! Did I succeed in flipping the switch from the ESL work that I do? YES! I named this image, "Ready for Spring." See the photoshopped image immediately below. (art by Hallelujah Truth, aka Ruth Schowalter)


Having FLIPPED the SWITCH, what else is possible for me today? What action can I take that will me move me forward in my creative journey? And, you dear fellow PILGRIM, what action will you take today for THE DAILY CREATIVE PRACTICE?

That's Coffee With Hallelujah! SOUL BLOG with me about anything regarding the imagination! 

Tell me what you think of my rabbits! YES!

No comments:

Post a Comment