Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Spring is coming: Time to BE, BURST, BURGEON!

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN? (photo by Hallelujah Truth)
Hallelujah for transformation! Hallelujah for SPRING TIME! Hallelujah for when that which was silent, hidden in the ground like a tulip bulb or within the buds on a tree, suddenly and magically appear singing: TIME TO BE, BURST, BURGEON, GROW OUT LOUD!

How do we acknowledge or mark the change in a season like spring? For me, I begin by looking for outward signs. I may feel a change in the temperature or quality of light. I am drawn to the street to go to the park to look up or down everywhere for plant signs announcing winter is over.

Perhaps I wait for a cultural symbol, a human demonstration that time is spinning ahead. On a walk yesterday, I saw this mannequin head posted on the perimeter of someone's yard in Oakhurst, a small community across the train tracks from where I live in Decatur, Georgia. "Posted" with polka-dotted pink ears, her appearance announced to me: TIME TO PREPARE FOR SPRING

Yes, dear pilgrims, it is time to shift, grow, breathe warmer air, dance, and say thank you! 

That's Coffee with Hallelujah! SOUL BLOG with me and tell me what you do to prepare for the change of seasons and how you celebrate spring time!

2 comments:

  1. As I read this little blog on welcoming spring it made me think of all I have to be thankful for. I am so thankful for my life that is made up of friends and family and good health and the freedom to be thankful. I know I have much more to be thankful for but this is a start...Thank you Ruth for inviting me to join your group and become a part of an art community of very special people of whom you are the most special of them all..

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very near and dear to me too Darlene. How wonderful when relationships are reciprocal!

    ReplyDelete