Friday, February 13, 2015

HOWs to HOWLs


FIRE IN THE HOWL. (image (c) by Hallelujah Truth)
Hallelujah for being a SPIRITUAL ART PILGRIM! Hallelujah for discovering the MEANING of BEING through my image making and playfulness.

Did you know that I am a recovering serious person!

Well, I am. And my story goes like this:

Once upon a time, I did not play. Instead, I read books and ate pixie sticks. I dreamed of being somewhere else, being someone else, and being in a different era. Yes, I possessed a lot of ideas about the way that LIFE SHOULD BE. And in that process I did not have fun.

Oh NO! I existed in the realm of HOW THINGS SHOULD BE. And be afraid! Very afraid! I had those ideas about YOU too!

YOU SHOULD BE KINDER, SMARTER, MORE RESPONSIBLE, MORE COMPELLING, MORE ABLE TO PLEASE ME. 

Well just fill in the blank after MORE___________. MORE EVERYTHING.

These days, I have had my HOWs and HOWLs....and I am enjoying the range of 1 to 10 or maybe even 1 to 100 of HOWL-a-lu-jahs too! A Howl-a-lu-jah that embodies the HOW and HOWL and ignites into celebration!

To make these images, I am drawing on bristol board (14" x 17") in pencil, followed by micron pens, then scanned, and colored in Photoshop. Patiently, I am making each one in incremental steps.

I want to draw an image of SAVORing  the EXPERIENCE, the BEING. I want to release the HOWL. Be the HOWL-a-lu-jah and know HOW to get to the FUN, the PLAY, the BEING, the SAVORING. Then push the REPEAT BUTTON.
ON FIRE WITH THE HOWL. A way to be, a way to see, a to move!
That's Coffee with Hallelujah! SOUL BLOG with me. HOWL! HOWLALUJAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment