Thursday, September 3, 2015

WALK, STOP, RUN: Stop, Evaluate, Edit

WALK STOP RUN: Stop, evaluate, edit. (art by Hallelujah Truth)
Hallelujah for CHOICES! Hallelujah for walking, stopping, and running within community and being respected for the choices I make! Hallelujah for you dear reader and fellow soul sojourner! 

Today, I am STOPPING to take stock of my situation--to EVALUATE what is present. In this physical pause, I am actively assessing what might need to be altered--to be EDITED.

Today, I am also STOPPING to express gratitude to InterPlay for giving me an "embodied" way to experience this choice to linger on the fringes of my community or within it as I settle momentarily to make my observations. One of the forms in InterPlay is "Walking, Stopping, Running" during which all participants have the freedom to choose how they want to be in their bodies--moving, being still, or going fast. The wonderful aspect of this form? One is not alone! We experience enacting our individual choices while still being among those we share our lives with. We do not need to conform. We do not need to sacrifice our authenticity.

I am also STOPPING today to say a BIG THANK YOU to the manifesting Monday group, which I have named "Coffee with Hallelujah"! Coffee represents time and Hallelujah represents Soul; therefore, "Coffee with Hallelujah" is a phrase that means this: TIME SPENT WITH YOUR TREASURED BEINGNESS. 

My "Coffee with Hallelujah" manifesting Monday group is in its early stages, yet already its members are bringing such joy and warmth to my life. Each manifesting participant is open to their hopes and desires with such courageous vulnerability. And each one has such a wealth of wisdom to share! 
COFFEE WITH HALLELUJAH. In August, I launched a manifesting Monday group here in Decatur, Georgia. My goal was to have four to five participants and I was so pleased when I manifested these wonderfully gifted and energetic people in my community. More shall be revealed as we manifest. For now, I am stopping to treasure the wisdom shared with me by the man in our group, Matt Blodgett. Stop. Evaluate. Edit. Yes! (photo by Karvana coffee goer)
STOP!
This past Monday, Matt Blodgett, who left his career as a landscape designer to be a fulltime artist, offered me this piece of wisdom after I expressed being lost with regard to my current art making. Simply stated, he said: "Look at what you have. Evaluate. Edit." He went on to explain that is what he did all time as a landscaper. 

Hallelujah for this Wisdom! Evaluate the landscape of Hallelujah Truth's art! Yes Matt! Yes! More shall be revealed from this processing of Stopping, Running, and Walking with the aim to evaluate and edit!

That's Coffee with Hallelujah for this morning! SOUL BLOG with me and tell me what you think about your life.  Are you walking, stopping, and running in your community as you choose? How well received are your choices? Is it time for you to stop, evaluate, and edit!

2 comments:

  1. Good afternoon Ruth...Enjoyed reading this blog though I have been rather lazy about doing anything other than read...I feel sort of in a flux for several weeks now. We are in the process of buying a short sale home which means lots of paperwork, lots of time spent waiting and lots of work after. I dropped off DCP for a while just to get my head and heart straight about what I need and want to do. I try to go on occasionally and catch up...reading some of my favorite artist's postings but not doing any art of my own so have nothing to post. Along with all else I am trying to downsize and declutter my life...So for now I am sort of in a STOP/EVALUATE time of life..Hopefully by years end we will be settled again and I can get back to doing what I love most...IN the meantime I am encouraged by what you are doing with your life. Thanks you for writing about it...much love to you ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darlene! Thank you so much in such a busy and reflective time in your life for stopping and writing a response to my blog post. Yes to STOPPING and EVALUATING. It means so much to me that you shared your own stopping with me. You know how much I value your creative life and reflections about art and art making. Big love to you in this time.I am sending you warm hugs and infinite encouragement.

      Delete