Wednesday, November 9, 2016

GRATITUDE DAY #3: The Practice of Finding the Good

HEART ROOT. This image expresses my practice of being grounded in the GOOD. I believe the Earth is GOOD. I believe in the GOOD that is present in us all. I believe in the power of perpetual regeneration of the GOOD. (Art by Hallelujah Truth, aka Ruth Schowalter)
Hallelujah for the Daily Creative Practice! Hallelujah for the season of practicing GRATITUDE! Hallelujah for you all here with me looking for the good.


This morning, I am especially grateful for you dear Reader and a community of online Creatives supporting each other in our lives as we move forward after the results of the presidential election here in the United States.

How do I "move" or "dance" around such a devastating choice made by the majority of U.S. citizens? I am saddened that we are not celebrating the first woman as American president.

How to manage this cataclysmic loss?

First of all, I am thankful to Phil Porter and Cynthia Winton-Henry, co-founders of InterPlay, for teaching me the practice of "noticing the good." How can I make a shift from this negative state of loss--to celebration?  I know that affirmation will have a strong positive impact on my physical being. 

SNAKES ARE SYMBOLS OF HEALING
I am celebrating YOU. I celebrating the faith that I have in all people to do the right and just thing. 

Meanwhile, as I search for other things this morning to celebrate, I will practice the "shaking medicine" that Bradford Keeney writes in his book by that name and that was introduced to me by Cynthia Winton-Henry. Would you like to join me? 

Let's do a simple shaking activity together:

Shake one hand, shake the other hand. Shake your foot. Shake your other foot. Shake what you have been sitting on. Shake your whole body. Shake your voice.

Now, you are ready, if you'd like, to put on some music and do as much shaking as your body needs to release any of the "information" that you are carrying around and no longer need.
That's Coffee with Hallelujah. SOUL BLOG with me. I will continue looking for the good to celebrate and shaking "it" all out as I need to. What are you affirming today? What are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment