Tuesday, January 9, 2018

The Blessing is in the Seed

"THE BLESSING IS IN THE SEED," Muriel Rukeyser (art by Hallelujah Truth, aka Ruth Schowalter)
Hallelujah for SEEDS and the new beginnings they possess! Hallelujah for Dance Chapel with Cynthia Winton Henry and for the embodied wisdom she offers through movement and poetry in our online community.

This was the poem Cynthia read to us before she invited us to move with our hands cupped, embodying or holding the SEED.



Seeds

Not all things are blessed,
but the seeds of all things are blessed.
The blessing is in the seed.

(Muriel Rukeyser, 1913 – 1980)


I held my SEED as I danced. I moved about my room with the lights twinkling on the fig tree and Norfolk pine. I envisioned the SEED opening up and becoming a pair of wings--a butterfly. I saw a bivalve opening and revealing a pearl. Then my arms moved and I felt like a SEED springing open in the ocean swimming with the vastness of Life.

I experienced the SEED on multiple levels of thought, emotion, and body. For me, this experiential sense of of new beginnings is a way to feel vital and juicy and creative.

How many of us are casting SEEDS into the new year of 2018? Not all of the seeds we sow will grow, but isn't it wonderful to think of all seeds as a gift, a blessing, from which good things might originate?

EXPERIENCING THE SELF
I am so grateful for the spiritual direction that Cynthia offers, the community that she has created for our Monday night online Dance Chapel, and the wider InterPlay community, that supports me in finding and validating my own reality through experience. This kind of authenticity is a treasure.

Our Dance Chapel ended with this quote:

“That which cannot change remains. The great peace, the deep silence, the hidden beauty of reality remain. While it cannot be conveyed through words, it is waiting for you to experience for yourself.”
—Nisargadatta Maharaj


This image of me, Hallelujah, represents the many SEEDS I have for 2018. I know that the blessing is the SEED, but not all the things are blessed. I await the joy of discovering which SEEDS come to fruition. And I wish you the same. That's Coffee with Hallelujah! Soul blog with me and tell me what new beginnings 2018 holds for you? What SEEDS do you possess?

1 comment:

  1. From Didi Drake: Hurrah for seeds, for community and for blogging momentum .... thank you for sharing this. I need more movement in my life too, this is a good reminder. Happy New Year Hallelujah!!!

    ReplyDelete